When trying to run the configuration script from the browser, I get the
following error. Doesn't look like its connecting to postgres. But from a
shell, I can successfully do a psql -U wikiuser -d wikidb. Did anyone else
encounter this issue?
MediaWiki 1.15.1 Installation
- *Don't forget security updates!* Keep an eye on the low-traffic release
*Please include all of the lines below when reporting installation problems.
- PHP 5.2.9 installed
- Found database drivers for: MySQL PostgreSQL SQLite
- PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (
- Have XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion support.
- Session save path (/var/lib/php/session) appears to be valid.
- PHP's memory_limit is 32M.
- Couldn't find Turck MMCache <http://turck-mmcache.sourceforge.net/>,
XCache <http://trac.lighttpd.net/xcache/>; cannot use these for object
- Found GNU diff3: /usr/bin/diff3.
- Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled
if you enable uploads.
- Installation directory: /var/www/html/intrakgp
- Script URI path: /intrakgp
- Installing MediaWiki with php file extensions
- Environment checked. You can install MediaWiki.
*Generating configuration file...*
- Database type: PostgreSQL
- Loading class: DatabasePostgres
- Attempting to connect to database "wikidb" as "wikiuser"... error: No
- Checking the version of Postgres...
*Warning*: pg_version(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
resource in */var/www/html/intrakgp/includes/db/DatabasePostgres.php* on
*FAILED*. Required version is 8.1. You have 7.3 or earlier
due to repeating spam attacks against my wiki I tried the reCaptcha extension.
Somehow, the extension screws up the HTML source of the pages.
the source of each page from my wiki begins with </pre>,
followed by the DOCTYPE definition and the rest of the page.
browsers ignore that tag, however, the RSS feed don't work anymore,
since the XML cannot be interpreted correctly if this tag is at the
begin of the feed.
I've tried to update the underlying ConfirmEdit extension, but with no success,the problem still persists.
MW is version 1.15.1, the reCaptcha Plugin is version 1.7
New Email names for you!
Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.
Hurry before someone else does!
I have an older instance of MediaWiki (v1.4.5) running with PHP 5.0.3, MySQL 4.1.9, Redhat Linux. We need to upgrade to PHP 5.2.3 to enable another application to run on the same server.
I wanted to test compatibility of PHP 5.2.3 with MediaWiki 1.4.5, so installed MediaWiki 1.4.5 on a test machine running PHP 5.2.3.
Some images are uploaded successfully, while others generate the error:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg() in /data/app00063/htdocs/mediawiki-1.4.5/includes/Image.php on line 578"
Googling on this error points to PHP not being built with the GD library.
* Image uploads work fine on the live instance of our wiki running with PHP 5.0.3.
* phpinfo() on the PHP 5.0.3 does not list the GD library as enabled.
Is GD library the likely problem? Are there any known incompatibilities between MediaWiki 1.4.5 and PHP 5.2.3?
Eventually we should upgrade to a newer version of MediaWiki, but so far have not had the resources to do so.
Thanks for your help!
It is possible to subscribe to a RSS Feed Recent Changes and New Pages.
Is there also a way to add RSS Feeds for Recent Changes and New Pages
within a specific category?
Regards Peter Verhoeven
This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Regarding what this would be used for, from my personal experience with
running http://www.shawshara.com inexperienced users or non tech-users tend
to edit the wiki thinking that a new line will automatically translate into
a line break. Some more experienced users with HTML knowledge have modified
our pages and have appended <br /> to the end of the lyrics lines. Both ways
are not valid. Now, I'm sure that most of you are techies so you're familiar
with how the wiki works, but think about it from the point of view of a
person that has never seen code.
We've been trying to make the site as user friendly as possible. To do so,
we're now in the processes of converting the whole site to use Semantic
Forms to allow users to easily edit a page's contents using a form instead
(ex:http://www.shawshara.com/wiki/Ya_Rayah click edit with form). With the
introduction of these forms we've learned that the way to go for us is not
to ask users to enter two new lines, but instead to handle this conversion
ourselves. At any rate, the Poem extension (
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Poem) really does the trick for us.