Please save the date: #SMWCon 2023, December 11-13, Paderborn, Germany
Tickets will be available beginning of September, but you can already announce your participation on the above page and think about possible contributions (talks, tutorials, workshops, etc.).
Hope to see you in Paderborn,
Bernhard and Tobias
With this message I am reaching out to the developers/maintainers of Extension:VisualEditor. Should I maybe cross-post it on wikitech-l? I have already tried the mw.org support desk  and IRC without much success.
1. I was wondering if there were any technical reasons for Extension:VisualEditor not inserting a `<br />` element on `SHIFT+ENTER`. This seems to be standard functionality in most other visual HTML editors, plus `<br />` is supported by wikitext.
2. If there was no technical reason, I'd ask for support to implement a Gadget that allows for this behavior. I have already tried a couple of things, but it looks like the `SHIFT+ENTER` event can not be handeled easily. Apparently some core code handles the event and always creates a new paragraph. I did not succeed to stop propagation and override this behavior from my handler.
Maybe I am just missing something here. Any help would be much appreciated.
I hope this is the right list to ask. If not apologies.
I wish to use the api.php copmmand to download all the txt of a wiki of
mine. Must I run it on a per page basis, or is there a parameter for
"every pages". Thank you a lot.
I am having trouble setting up Structured Discussions with MediaWiki 1.40.
VisualEditor works out of the box after dropping RESTBase, SD doesn't seem
I suspect T337223 is related to my problem, but I'm not sure.
Does anyone have success setting up SD on MW1.40?
I'm trying to upgrade from Mediawiki 1.38 to Mediawiki 1.39 on Ubuntu
20.04 LTS, x96_64, LTS. Ubuntu 20 provides Composer 1.
When I run 'composer install --verbose --no-dev' I get this error:
- Installation request for doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 -> satisfiable by
- doctrine/dbal 3.4.2 requires composer-runtime-api ^2 -> no
matching package found.
- A typo in the package name
- The package is not available in a stable-enough version according
to your minimum-stability setting
for more details.
- It's a private package and you forgot to add a custom repository to find it
I want to remove whatever is using doctrine/dbal.
How do I determine which Mediawiki component is using doctrine/dbal?
Thanks in advance.
As per the MediaWiki version lifecycle, I would like to announce the
formal end of life (EOL) of MediaWiki 1.38 as of today, Friday June 30,
1.38.7 is expected to be the last release for this branch.
This means that MediaWiki 1.38 will no longer receive maintenance or
security backports. It is therefore strongly discouraged that you continue
to use it.
It is recommended to upgrade either to MediaWiki 1.39 (LTS), which will be
supported until November 2025 or to 1.40 (released today), which will be
supported until June 2024.