[Mediawiki-l] Wikipedia like tables

Florent Georges lists at fgeorges.org
Tue Jan 26 20:49:08 UTC 2010

Sam.Sexton at thomsonreuters.com wrote:

> Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Yes - that
> should answer your questions - especially if you view the
> source.

  Thanks, Sam.  If I am right, I have to create the page
Template:Yes on my own wiki.  If I go to that page, mediawiki
proposes to create the page, like any regular page.  Though on
Wikipedia the label of the first tab is "template".

  Do I have to "activate" the template namespace in any way?

  Also, to install several templates listed on the above
Wikipedia page, do I have to create all templates by hand, one by
one, or is there any kind of install process?

  Thank you,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/