[Mediawiki-l] Using Microsoft SQL instead mySQL

Boris Epstein borepstein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:41:49 UTC 2008

It probably would be a lot of work because, based on the code as it exists
today, MediaWiki uses engine-specific database connection methods. I also
believe - though this is not something I am 100% sure of - that some of the
plugin/helped modules are MySQL-only and will not work with PostgreSQL.

On Jan 25, 2008 11:31 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25/01/2008, adrian_migacz at eu.irco.com <adrian_migacz at eu.irco.com>
> wrote:
> > Has anybody used Microsoft SQL instead of my SQL to setup a wiki?
>
> Not to my knowledge. Mediawiki doesn't support it by default - there
> is support for postgreSQL in addition to MySQL, but that's it. I'm not
> familiar with MS SQL, it might be possible to add support for it, but
> I expect it would be a lot of work.

Boris Epstein
http://www.dogandponny.org/
http://dikayasobaka.livejournal.com/ (Russian)