[Mediawiki-l] Email confirmation and email notification of password change don't work.

Seungwon Yang seungwonyang at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 03:10:54 UTC 2007

mail() didn't work when I tested it with a small php script.  Finally, the
two steps below made my MW work :-)
1.  Got a help from
http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-14639.html

[root at xxx public_html]# chmod g+s /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail

[root at xxx public_html]# ls -l /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail

-r-xr-sr-x 1 root smmsp 774264 May 6 2005 /usr/sbin/sendmail.sendmail

2. In the server, /var/spool/clientmqueue was originally owned by root.
changed owner so that sendmail can have access to /var/spool/clientmqueue

[root at xxx public_html]# chown smmsp:smmsp /var/spool/clientmqueue/

[root at xxx public_html]# ls -al /var/spool/clientmqueue/

total 8

drwxrwx-w- 2 smmsp smmsp 4096 Aug 16 22:13 .
I appreciate you all who gave me advices and comments,

Regards, Seungwon Yang