[Mediawiki-l] logo only shows up on some pages

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Tue Feb 14 22:05:33 UTC 2006

Matt Morgan wrote:
> On 2/10/06, Rob Church <robchur at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Could it be MediaWiki's internal cache of pages? Append &action=purge
>> to URLs of affected pages and see if that sorts it. If so, set
>> $wgCacheEpoch[1] in LocalSettings.php
>
> Thanks. Both these methods result in completely blank pages (ie all
> pages returned blank upon reload). What am I doing wrong?

Usually this means you made a typo in LocalSettings.php and PHP is configured
not to display error messages in output.

Check in particular for a missing semicolon at the end of the line.

You can usually override the hidden error messages by putting these lines near
the top of LocalSettings.php (*after* the <?php bit!)

  ini_set("display_errors", true);
  error_reporting(E_ALL);

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)