-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Jeff Lane wrote:
Tested upgrade from 1.4.12 > 1.9.0rc2
* MediaWiki: 1.9.0rc2
* PHP: 5.2.0-0.dotdeb.3 (apache2handler)
* MySQL: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log
Followed these steps:
* Wiped everything but /extensions /images LocalSettings.php and
* Copied over 1.9.0rc2 files
* Ran maintenance/upgrade1_5.php
* Ran maintenance/update.php
* Updated LocalSettings.php with new settings.
* Ran maintenance/refreshLinks.php
Upgrade scripts completed without any errors. Exceptional! Upgrade1_5.php
was not able to run successfully on this system before.
* One of the project pages is now empty/non-existent and links to it are
** This page on the current public 1.4.12 server is
** Strangely, the talk page is still present.
Hmm... First, take a peek in the database:
SELECT * FROM page WHERE page_namespace=4 and page_title='Terms_of_use';
make sure it made it through intact.
Double-check that $wgSiteName and $wgMetaNamespace are set correctly.
If there are spaces, try underscores and see if it makes a difference.
* Interwiki links are not resolving (Show up in red as
'WikiPedia' is correctly listed in the mw_interwiki table.
Try changing the table to use lowercase values in iw_prefix (but it
shouldn't make a difference, in testing I just did).
* Page with // in title not linking correctly.
** Page working in 1.4.12
** Links to this page go to "The steam:/ Protocol"
This is actually a known problem with Apache 2's path handling; it
merges adjacent /s before they get passed down to the level where the
wiki sees it.
Are you running Apache 1.x on the main server and Apache 2.x on the test
* "My Watchlist" page is empty of links,
even though pages are still marked
as watched and show up in recent changes as bolded.
Check with some new edits and confirm it's not just that older items
fell off the list...?
- -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com
/ brion @ wikimedia.org
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v22.214.171.124 (Darwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----