Few years ago i have similar problem (but no with MediaWiki). I used
small server, placed at my home, and connected via ISP. ISP gave public
"white" IPs, but this IP was dynamic, so i used DynDNS to update my
Symptoms was like your - when i connected to server with ssh (and do
nothing) - HTTP connection is going. After near 30 minutes after SSH
disconnect server stops to respond.
I found the problem and solution, in my case it was:
1) ISP give me IP through DHCP. This IP is static.
2) My computer have public IP in internet (dynamic)
3) ISP gates this it one to another.
4) <PROBLEM> When all connections with my computer closed (ssh
disconnected, no external connects), ISP gave my public IP to another
user (for white IP economy)
5) When DynDNS try to update domain info - ISP give me new public IP,
this IP goes to my domain record, but, after it, DynDNS closes
connection and IP lost.
6) To solve this behaviour i installed on my server an IRC-bot, which
seat on my irc channel and regularry post random symbols. So, connection
never closes, IP newer changes and all OK.
Maybe, you have similar problem? For the first - make sure, that "403
Forbidden" says _YOUR_ server, but no other.
01.08.2012 13:15, ms пишет:
I have a very odd issue with a MediaWiki 1.19 install. Since a few
days it happens that the site usually is inaccessible with the error
However if I access the server with ssh and open a shell, the site
works. It's /enough/ to login and open the shell -no Apache restarts
etc. needed. As soon as there are no more ssh connections to the
server, the site stops working again.
Can someone point me at what it could be?