Doh! Thanks for pointing out what I shoulda seen fer myself! I'll toggle it on and off and see what comes, though I changed the page name to use 'single' quote marks in the name and the problem went away, so, as always, I have an immediate work-around. Quick eye, Thomas - THANKS!
> From: "Peter Blaise"
> when a page renders in the browser, I get:
> ...regular page contents as expected...
> I didn't notice when building my wiki that ""
> (two quote characters") in the page name
> cause this rather strange behavior, such as
> for a page named: [[New "Old" Stories]]
> == Version: ==
> (if you care)
> MediaWiki: 1.10.0 [... and so on ... then:]
> - PageNotice lets you define a fixed header
> or footer message for each page or
> namespace. Daniel Kinzler ...
> From: "Thomas"
> It's a problem with the PageNotice extension,
> almost certainly. Try contacting the author.
I SWEAR I changed NOTHING - maybe it's been like this and I didn't
notice it before ... but now, when a page renders in the browser, I get:
...regular page contents as expected...
Okay, just testing, and apparently I didn't notice when building my wiki
that "" (two quote characters") in the page name cause this rather
strange behavior, such as for a page named: [[New "Old" Stories]]
Hmm ... Huh? Anyone seen (and resolved) this before?
== Version: ==
(if you care)
PHP: 5.2.2 (apache2handler)
- Special pages, Contact - Contact form for visitors Daniel Kinzler
- LastUserLogin (version 1.0.6) Displays the last time a user logged in
Justin G. Cramer, Danila Ulyanov, Thomas Klein
- MultipleUpload Allows users to upload several files at once. Travis
- DynamicPageList2 (version 1.2.1) based on DynamicPageList, featuring
many improvements IlyaHaykinson, Amgine,Unendlich, Cyril
- Subpage List 2 automatically creates a list of the subpages of a page
Martin Schallnahs, Rob Church
- ConfirmEdit Simple captcha implementation Brion Vibber
- PageNotice lets you define a fixed header or footer message for each
page or namespace. Daniel Kinzler
- wfLastUserLogin, wfUpdateUserTouched, wfDynamicPageList3,
wfDynamicPageList2, efSubpageList, wfMultipleUpload and ceSetup
Parser extension tags:
- <dpl>, <section>, <subpages> and <pre>
Parser function hooks:
- dpl, int, ns, urlencode, lcfirst, ucfirst, lc, uc, localurl,
localurle, fullurl, fullurle, formatnum, grammar, plural, numberofpages,
numberofusers, numberofarticles, numberoffiles, numberofadmins,
numberofedits, language, padleft, padright, anchorencode, special and
- Hook name Subscribed by
- AbortLogin (SimpleCaptcha, confirmUserLogin)
- AbortNewAccount (SimpleCaptcha, confirmUserCreate)
- EditFilter (SimpleCaptcha, confirmEdit)
- LanguageGetMagic wfDynamicPageList3_Magic
- LoadAllMessages wfDynamicPageListSPloadMessages and
- LoginAuthenticateAudit (SimpleCaptcha, triggerUserLogin)
- OutputPageBeforeHTML wfPageNoticeHook
- UserCreateForm (SimpleCaptcha, injectUserCreate)
- UserLoginForm (SimpleCaptcha, injectUserLogin)
Okay, Plan B (which we all use anyway, after all, so why even try to
come up with a plan A, eh?):
If I copy the current (locked, admin only) [article] page contents to
the (open) [discussion] page to start off our "sort of edit every page"
wiki, is there a neat, fast MySQL/PHPMyAdmin command to copy the
database table contents of [article] into the table for [discussion] the
moment before we announce and go live, so the discussion pages start as
pure copies of the articles? Any link to such a routine?
(Otherwise, Plan C is to hand cut and paste - argh!) Thanks.
I tried using Jim Hu's Pages on Demand extension to generate a page dynamically. So far so good.
Now, I have a use case that is slightly different.
1) When a user clicks on a red link (non-existent article) or a blue link (to an existing article), I want to generate the article anew in both cases.
2) I have no problem handling the red link. I am interested when the user clicks on the blue link. I want to fetch the latest revision of that page (let's say the article is named Gene:HPRT1). Then I want to do something with it BEFORE presenting it (in VIEW mode, not EDIT mode) to the user, like adding text before or after the original text. See below:
Gene:HPRT1 (View mode)
----------------------------------------------------] EDIT [------------
(Some dynamically generated text)
(Original text from latest revision of Gene:HPRT1)
(Another piece of dynamically generated text)
3) When the user leaves the article/page shown above, either by clicking EDIT then SAVE or by clicking on another article hyperlink, I want the above to become the latest revision of the article Gene:HPRT1.
I would like to know how I can modify Pages on Demand to do this.
If I try the call below, I get an error (because article with same name already exists):
$article = new Article();
I still don't have a mastery of the MediaWiki API. Can someone point me to URLs and/or documentation that can help me understand what's going on under the MediaWiki hood?
Thanks and happy holidays!
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com
Hi, im looking for two things in the code. 1 Where the actual sql
query is located that does the searching, and 2, where the actual sql
query is that grabs the page info based on the page address.
IE for number 2, where is the $_GET[''] passed to?
Im going to see if it is possible to make the search case insensitive,
as well as page titles.
I'm running mediawiki on a Intranet server who required authication. When
I would like to run "maintenance/dumpBackup.php > wikidb.xml"
wikidb.xml contains only a 401 HTTP error : Authorization required.
Can I pass HTTP User & Password on anyway to 'dumpBackup.php' or another
trick to dump the Wiki DB?
Thanks by advance!
For some historical reason I am using mediawiki 1.6.6.
I have to migrate some stuff to this mediawiki.
I have to create somehow 700 users.
For each user I have:
. user_id (numeric)
. user_email and
Is there any way (a script) for a bulk user creation?
Thanks in advance.
Dr. Luis Mandel
I tried cloning the MonoBook skin, copying the MonoBook.php, MonoBook.deps.php, and monobook directory to Test.php, Test.deps.php and test directory respectively.
Test appears in the user preferences but I am not getting the MonoBook look.
Many thanks in advance,