[MediaWiki-l] How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

Amanda Quad amandaquad at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 14:56:55 UTC 2018

Success, thanks.
— Amanda

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018, 10:42 AM, ] <mediawiki at kghoffmeyer.de> wrote:

Heiya Amanda,

this should help in your case:

$wgExtensionFunctions[] = function() {
    if( array_key_exists( 'checkuser', $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions'] ) ) {
        unset( $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions']['checkuser'] );
    }
};

I remove the staff group provided by the EditAccount extension
similarily without issues. I guess this has to be done every time an
extension adds a new user group.

Cheers Karsten