[MediaWiki-l] fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) richard.k.evans at nasa.gov
Tue Jul 10 23:09:02 UTC 2018

Awesome. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: MediaWiki-l [mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Brian Wolff
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2018 7:06 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] fixing the database after adding a custom namespace

There are two actually. namespaceDupes.php and cleanupTitles.php. i personally like namespaceDupes.php better.

--
brian

On Tuesday, July 10, 2018, Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) < richard.k.evans at nasa.gov> wrote:
> A while back I imported pages from the custom namespace of another
> wiki
to the Main namespace of my wiki (e.g. XYZ:pagenames). The pages worked fine in the Main namespace.

> Recently I created that custom namespace and was hoping that the old
pages would magically relocate themselves into the new namespace ... they did not. Nor are they accessible anymore by any means that I know of. They show up in a list pages from Special:AllPages looking only at the Main namespace, but when I click on them, it says the page does not exist.