[MediaWiki-l] Spawning images for test purposes

James Hare jamesmhare at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 00:45:49 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I am writing unit tests for an extension, and as part of this test, I need
to use the names of files on-wiki. My own wiki set up has Instant Commons,
so these tests pass just fine. However, in Jenkins, the tests fail[0]
because the Jenkins testing environment has no access to images. This is a
perfectly reasonable behavior, though it is inconvenient.

My question then is, for the purposes of the test, how can I “spawn” an
image into existence so that it is available for use in the test?

Thank you,
James Hare

[0]
https://integration.wikimedia.org/ci/job/mwext-testextension-hhvm/37027/console