[MediaWiki-l] Wikibase usage

Jean-Baptiste Pressac Jean-Baptiste.Pressac at univ-brest.fr
Wed Feb 8 13:28:14 UTC 2017

Hello,
I installed yesterday the latest available wikibase repository extension
on a fresh install of Mediawiki 1.28 (PHP 5.6.29). I followed the
instructions of https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikibase/Installation.
After the installation, I wondered how to create a new item since I
noticed I should add the /Special:NewItem suffix to the base URL.
However, is ther any user documentation where I could previously find
this information ? As informations to create properties ?

What is more, is the software behind the /Wikidata Query Service/
available for use on my own wiki ?

Thanks,

--
Jean-Baptiste Pressac

Traitement et analyse de bases de données
Production et diffusion de corpus numériques

Centre de Recherche Bretonne et Celtique
Unité mixte de service (UMS) 3554
20 rue Duquesne
CS 93837
29238 Brest cedex 3