[MediaWiki-l] Large debug file

Tim Starling tstarling at wikimedia.org
Tue Aug 8 00:17:48 UTC 2017

On 05/08/17 15:04, John wrote:
> I just upgraded my wiki to 1.30 and am running refreshlinks.php and Im
> getting a massive debug.log file consisting of:
>
> RX <== getStatus
> TX ==> return
> RX <== return
>
> Over and over again (about 600mb worth so far)

That is the Scribunto standalone engine debug log, which is disabled
by default, for good reason. In fact, the method to enable it is
undocumented, so I'm not sure how you managed to enable it and then
forget about it. In LocalSettings.php you would have something like

$wgScribuntoEngineConf['luastandalone']['debug'] = true;

Delete that line.

-- Tim Starling