[MediaWiki-l] Introducing the MediaWiki Platform Team!

Mark A. Hershberger mah at nichework.com
Tue Apr 4 13:17:44 UTC 2017

Victoria Coleman <vcoleman at wikimedia.org> writes:

> I am pleased to share with you the news about the formation of the
> latest team in the Technology department, the MediaWiki Platform
> team![1]

Thank you!

> * Assist and encourage development of features for MediaWiki by
> providing developers with a strong core.
>
> * Facilitate the development and publication of MediaWiki's roadmap to
> assist coordination between internal and external users.
>
> * Maintain and promote guidelines and standards for the MediaWiki core.

I'm extremely grateful to see these three items in the list.  The people
chosen for the team (Tim, Brion, Kunal, Brad) are excellent choices and
I'm confident that, with your direction and empowerment, they have the
ability to fulfill these goals.

This is something that we (the MediaWiki Stakeholders) have been asking
for and I'm very, very thankful that Ms. Coleman is implementing this.

Thank again!

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC