[MediaWiki-l] Search - Index uploaded files

Dr. Hirn drhirn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 08:10:00 UTC 2016

Hi Chad,

> So Cirrus will index file contents for which we have a media handler
> defined.
> Right now, Pdf and Djvu files have specific media handlers that can extract
> their text contents.

Do I have to configure something more? My uploaded pdf don't get indexed.

The relevant lines in my LocalSettings.php:

wfLoadExtension( 'Elastica' );
require_once "$IP/extensions/CirrusSearch/CirrusSearch.php";
$wgCirrusSearchServers = array('xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx');
$wgSearchType = 'CirrusSearch';

> If you have an additional media type you want to extract text from, that's
> what
> would need implementing.

Any hints on that?

Thx