[MediaWiki-l] File:DEC-VT420-0a.jpg doesn't fallover to wikipedia?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Thu Oct 6 22:35:12 UTC 2016

In article <CA+oo+DWS83JtZjzqGzrXNOy=8Yk46AtsphP_4=qzFqLyVduYJA at mail.gmail.com>,
    Brian Wolff <bawolff at gmail.com> writes:

> * You need to tell instant commons to use HTTPS instead of HTTP. I
> believe that version of MediaWiki would only use https if your site
> was on https, so you probably need to manually set up the foreign repo
> via $wgForeignFileRepos using https instead of using the default
> $wgUseInstantCommons. (Git change 8517b3cb2276)

$wgUseInstantCommons in the LocalSettings implies that it will use
HTTP and not HTTPS.  This is probably a side-effect of MW 1.17 and
being so far behind.

Setting up $wgForeignFileRepos according to this page fixed it.
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgForeignFileRepos#Using_files_from_Wikimedia_Commons_:_ForeignAPIRepo>

Thanks again guys!  Your help has been very much appreciated in
fixing up my little issues.

Now I can start researching how to upgraded to the latest version :)
            The Terminals Wiki <http://terminals-wiki.org>