[MediaWiki-l] Painful Short-URL

Daniel Friesen daniel at nadir-seen-fire.com
Thu Mar 31 18:42:44 UTC 2016

This sounds very similar to another bug where IIS users get infinite
redirect loops in 1.26.

Someone tried to 'fix' another bug by introducing a new normalizing
redirect to MediaWiki in 1.26.

But it's starting to look like enough attention was not paid to the
"edge" cases of web servers an international text other than the narrow
subset this change was tested with.

Which IMHO is not the web server's fault, because this http->server->php
area the normalization is treading in is NOT a standardized thing one
should expect certain forms of normalization.

https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/219446/
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T127734