[MediaWiki-l] Announcing: EMWCon, May 25-27, 2016 in New York City

Yaron Koren yaron at wikiworks.com
Wed Feb 24 14:50:13 UTC 2016

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the Enterprise MediaWiki Conference, or EMWCon,
which will be happening in just about three months, from May 25-27, in New
York, NY, USA. This will be a three-day conference devoted to all topics,
technical and non-technical, related to the use of MediaWiki by companies
and other organizations.

This is the first-ever EMWCon, and more generally it is, as far as I know,
the first-ever large-scale meeting covering the general use of MediaWiki
outside of Wikimedia projects. Which is somewhat surprising, given that,
even outside of its use on Wikipedia et al., MediaWiki is almost
unquestionably the world's most popular wiki software.

EMWCon spun out of SMWCon, or the Semantic MediaWiki Conference - and I
expect that Semantic MediaWiki will be a topic of discussion, although
non-SMW users are equally encouraged to attend, and should find the event
equally productive.

I'm very much looking forward to this conference and to the types of
discussions that will ensue. We don't have registration set up yet, but you
can read a little more about the conference, and add your name to the
tentative attendees list, here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/EMWCon_Spring_2016

-Yaron