[MediaWiki-l] ContentTranslation on non-Wikipedia sites

Andrew Geary ageary at seg.org
Thu Feb 18 18:08:12 UTC 2016

I have done my best to follow the directions and install cxserver. I believe I am doing everything correctly, though I continue to get the error message on the Special:ContentTranslations page that says "Error: Could not connect to the server."

In regards to the directions (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Content_translation/cxserver/Setup), under Server Configuration, do I only need to do one of the two options listed - using node or npm? After running through the steps in this section (Server Configuration), should Content Translation work? What should I see when I go to check the "server playground"? If my URL is wiki.seg.org, would this page be wiki.seg.org:8080?

Are the Varnish backend services required? In the configuration steps, is the setup correct that lists in step 1 port 8000 and step 2 lists port 8080?

Thank you,
Andrew

MediaWiki: 1.26.2
PHP: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.14 (apache2handler)
MySQL: 5.5.46-0ubuntu0.14.04.2

Andrew Geary
SEG Publications outreach editor
Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)
8801 South Yale, Suite 500 / Tulsa, OK 74137 USA
504-407-1303
ageary at seg.org
www.seg.org