[MediaWiki-l] Permanently remove old revisions and unused files?

Mickey Feldman mfeldman at vigil.com
Thu Feb 4 20:38:02 UTC 2016

I have been looking for an extension or process to remove all revisions
of pages "older than _date_" or "all but the last _n_", but have not
found anything close.

This is a private corporate wiki used for internal documentation. Pages
evolve, but then generally stabilize and are then only for reference and
rarely edited. There is no need to keep the 100's of revisions that grew
them to their final form.

Likewise, there are older and unused versions of uploaded files that are
just clutter.

Extension:Nuke does not meet this need.
Extension:DeleteBatch doesn't either.
Extension:DeletePagePermanently - nope.

There are maintenance scripts for Deleting Archived revisions and
purging old text - also not what I'm looking for.

So far I'm finding no way to do this other than manually, one page at a
time, which is a no go. There are 10s of thousands of pages.

I may have to write a new extension from scratch, but I'm finding it
hard to believe this functionality does not already exist.

Have I overlooked something obvious? Am I the only one who has wanted
something like this?

Thanks in advance.

--
M. Feldman