[MediaWiki-l] Help! Cannot connect to database!

Agnese Camellini agnese.camellini at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 20:56:52 UTC 2015

Well i don't know if this is your case but i had a similar problem
installing mediawiki 1.25.3 AND my problem was with the server permissions.
The server didn't had the permission to access the db on the same machine.
Considering it has taken to me a long time to understand the problem i
advice you to run journalctl (or a similar command in your OS i don't know,
i use fedora. I had to fix a coupple of things but it was all written in
that file so i just add to copy and paste.. (well the command was actually:

 # grep httpd /var/log/audit/audit.log | audit2allow
 # semodule -i mypol.pp

so it was a problem with selinux).

Considering it took me 3 weeks to work this out i would be more than happy
to save you some time but maybe that's not the same problem..

my 2 cents