[MediaWiki-l] [Core MediaWiki] Handling of Race Conditions on db Updates -- Any reusable functionality for extensions (?)

Ed edward.hoo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:46:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

Over the past month I've submitted a few patches for Cargo and now I would
like to tackle race conditions as it relates to database updates.

I have a pretty good idea of how to implement it, but before I create a
whole new mechanism to handle this type of issue I was wondering how
MediaWiki itself does it.  Are any classes, methods and tables that can (or
should) be leveraged?

Thanks!

Ed