[MediaWiki-l] Captcha for registration? Email required at registration?

Josh King joshkking at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 23:45:25 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Two questions here:

   1. Anyone know of an extension that adds a captcha (or similar) to the
   registration page? I've found plenty that work on edits, but none to
   prevent the initial spam account creation.
   2. Anyone know how to require email upon registration? I know there's
   the confirm-to-edit configuration I could use which would make this happen,
   but I feel like I should be able to require email at registering while
   still leaving edits open to anonymous users.

Thanks. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays!

-Josh