[MediaWiki-l] [Semanti Forms] How to hardcode values based on which form is used to create/edit an item

Ad Strack van Schijndel ad.strackvanschijndel at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 09:29:13 UTC 2015

Hi Ed,

First: this doesn't have to do with Cargo. The form modifies the source code of the page and the template stores things with Cargo or SMW (or both).
And what you do should work also when the field is hidden. So probably there is just some error in your field definition.
Is this the exact code you use in your form?

Ad

Op 19 dec. 2015, om 03:26 heeft Ed <edward.hoo at gmail.com> het volgende geschreven:

Hi all,

I'm using Cargo with Semantic Forms.  The cargo table is defined in one
template and attached in others.  Each has it own form as they represent
subtypes.  How can I hardcode the subtype so that when I query the cargo
table holding all the subtypes the info is available?

In one of the forms, I tried with

{{{field|SubType|mandatory|default="TypeA"}}}

and it works.  However, when I hide it

{{{field|SubType|mandatory|default="TypeA"|hidden}}}

it does not.

Thoughts?  Thanks!