[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki-l Digest, Vol 147, Issue 3

Alex Monk krenair at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:29:55 UTC 2015

On 4 December 2015 at 19:52, Jan Steinman <Jan at ecoreality.org> wrote:

> Having been stung by various upgrades over the years, I tend to not touch
> stuff that isn't broken. I'm running several MediaWiki sites between 1.13
> and 1.16. I'd sorta like to upgrade, but I don't know what that buys me,
> and y'know, they're all working... :-)

Are you aware of what security issues (which are now public) your wikis are
vulnerable to? I am very sceptical that stuff "isn't broken", although I
(personally) am not going to research old issues, find your wiki, and then
attack it, to make a point. Have you really backported/rewritten patches
for all of them yourself? I've been involved in MediaWiki development for a
few years now - and 1.16 was obsolete before I started.