[MediaWiki-l] Making Media Files Responsive

Tom tom at hutch4.us
Tue Dec 1 22:27:08 UTC 2015

I think what Chris wants is the actual video to scale depending on the screen width. PDFs are easy because the PDF handler ext is making them into images so they should scale just fine. At least they do on one of the wikis I have.

I've never used local media files personally. I just never had a need to host video and audio files. It was always easier to offload that on to someone else. So it's hard for me to say what the output is HTML wise and what would have to be addressed to make them scale to screen width.

I quickly installed the two extension so I could at least check a local video file but I'm getting an error on Thumbnail generation and having other issues. Which was another reason why I never use local media files. Never seem to work right without having to tweak other things.

I'll investigate some more and see if I can come up with anything.

Tom
Sent from my iPhone