[MediaWiki-l] Tooltips

Legault, Phillip [ITSUS] PLEGAULT at ITS.JNJ.COM
Fri Nov 21 21:06:52 UTC 2014

I have Mediawiki 1.23.6 & Semantic Mediawiki 2.0 I've installed the chameleon skin as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org [mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces at lists.wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of chris tharp
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 11:37 AM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [MediaWiki-l] Tooltips

Hi Phil

Few things:

1. I assume you mean the tooltips from the Semantic Mediawiki extension since, i think, Mediawiki itself has no tooltips.

2. The Tooltips in a new wiki I just set up: Mediawiki 1.23.6 & Semantic Mediawiki 1.9.2 (the one from the Bundle, which I just found out is not the update to one ) all work.

3. The note and warning tooltips only work when hovered over and do not seem to offer an x.

4. Info seems offers the x, but if you click elsewhere the popup disappears.

I have an older wiki that only the info tooltip works so I assume if yours are not working it's most likely an upgrade issue.

Additionally the Foreground skin offers additionally types of tooltips.

All the best. Hopefully this helps.