[MediaWiki-l] Importance of users table user_name database column in display of User Name

Mike Papper bodaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 01:47:02 UTC 2013

One question:

If I keep a sso table that maps a user_id to a row in the users table, I would update Mediawiki's user.user_email column if their email chnaged. Should I do this by a user function? Or can I just update the DB column - and more importantly, if I do just update the user column, should I call some special function so other parts of the system get a triggered update?

Mike