[MediaWiki-l] Rewrite Rules

Mark A. Hershberger mah at everybody.org
Fri Jan 18 21:46:02 UTC 2013

On 01/17/2013 07:54 PM, Daniel Friesen wrote:
> It turns out that
> when rewrite rules are placed directly into a <VirtualHost> block
> %{REQUEST_FILENAME} is empty. Which leads to bugs in the rewrite rules.
> So it was replaced with %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}%{REQUEST_URI} which ends up
> with pretty much the same value but is never blank.

Just this past week, I upgraded a wiki and moved the rewrite rules to
the <VirtualHost> block.  They worked.  Here they are:

  <VirtualHost *:80>
  <Location /RKB>
  RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule ^/?(.*)$ /RKB/index.php [L,QSA]
  </Location>
  </VirtualHost>

Maybe there is something else that caused a problem for you?  Maybe it
was an Apache version?

  Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
  Server built:   Nov  8 2012 21:37:45

Is there some problem I may be running into here?

Mark.