[MediaWiki-l] Responsive skins?

Brion Vibber brion at pobox.com
Fri Jan 11 20:16:34 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Leonard Wallentin <
leo_wallentin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm running a site with a (fairly) responsive skin at http://säsongsmat.nu<http://xn--ssongsmat-v2a.nu>(large thumbnails and image page images will resize, etc). It's far from
> perfect, and some parts are more RD than others. One think that I haven't
> looked into at all, is all the special pages that are build with tables
> (Special:UserLogin and many more). Making custom versions of them all would
> be a lot of job, so I'm asking here first: Has anyone done something like
> that already? I know there are a few responsive skins out there, did any of
> them address the special pages?

Generally, the existing special pages should _work_ on a small screen but
some of them will be horribly ugly like watchlist, recentchanges, history
view, etc.

We're starting to do small-screen-focused versions of some special pages in
the MobileFrontend extension, which provides a distinct mobile view rather
than a general responsive design. This may or may not be helpful to you. :)

-- brion