[MediaWiki-l] Timeline widget with dates from templates via DPL to output javascript block?

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Jan 11 18:23:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have many pages that invoke templates with a date argument.
I'd like to see if I can use the SIMILE timeline widget to build a
timeline with links to the pages.

The SIMILE timeline widget gets its data from script blocks, so I was
wondering if I could use DPL to scrape out the dates and the pages and
then use its formatting to output a script block that would supply the
data to the timeline widget.

Alternative solutions to populate the timeline widget data would also
be appreciated.

Thanks!
     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>