[MediaWiki-l] URL Being Sanitized?

Tom Hutchison tom at hutch4.us
Tue Jan 8 17:43:51 UTC 2013

Perhaps I might have figured out what is going on, just someone a bit
more knowledgeable about the table structures to double check me.

page table  page_title set to varchar with a collation of UFT-8

on other wikis

page table page_title set to varbinary(255)

Storing the %3F as a ?, could that be the problem because ascii not
uft-8 recognizes %3F

This wiki is much older and has been upgraded from original 1.14 to
1.15, then 1.17, then 1.19.  I ran the upgrade script after each upgrade.

Thanks

Tom