[MediaWiki-l] Need Help with Short URLs

Tom Hutchison tom at hutch4.us
Sun Aug 11 02:59:00 UTC 2013

The site is redirecting just fine.

You said:
 >>>I have recently moved my wiki from
 >>>http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki to http://www.knitting-and.com/w and
want
 >>>the entries to still show at http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki

They are and all short URL work fine. I am guessing from your original
statement, you changed directories.

http://www.knitting-and.com/wiki/Main_Page and any short URL I browse
to.

I believe you're thinking wiki/index.php?.... instead of
w/index.php?....

Since you changed your directory from /wiki to /w, the long URLs are
now...

http://www.knitting-and.com/w/index.php?title=Main_Page and it works
just fine. /wiki is a rewritten fake directory now, it doesn't really
exist.

If you call /wiki/index.php?.... whatever, anything after the ?  is
truncated and index.php shows up as a 404, uncreated article. This
behavior is correct. Rewrite is parsing and preforming correctly as far
as I can tell. Even &action=edit shows me the source of a page.

Tom