[Mediawiki-l] $msg argument of SkinCopyrightFooter hook

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Mon May 28 18:42:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Nicolas Bock <nicolasbock at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am running into a problem with setting the $msg argument of the
> SkinCopyrightFooter hook function to some HTML text (mediawiki
> 1.19.0). For instance, doing this:
[...]
> In other words, the html gets escaped somehow and does not end up
> being rendered as intended. Did I use the $msg argument incorrectly?

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:System_message and take a
look at how it's used on the WMF cluster:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/gitweb?p=mediawiki%2Fextensions%2FWikimediaMessages.git&a=search&h=044cfed6000ab09bc732c237d20ce34415af940c&st=grep&s=%27wikimedia-copyright%27|efWikimediaSkinCopyrightFooter&sr=1

-Jeremy