[Mediawiki-l] faking IP address?

Stip stipen.treublatt at gmx.net
Sun May 27 10:40:35 UTC 2012

Dont bother with the IP-Adresses, install proper Anti-Spam-Extensions.

See http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Combating_spam for a
MediaWiki-Helppage (and follow the links on that page to learn more), or
have a look at
http://www.wiki-aventurica.de/wiki/Wiki_Aventurica:Anti-Spam which is a
short summary of measures that work for me.

I highly recommend using the QuestyCaptcha-part of Confirm-Edit to
prevent account creation, and installing SpamBlacklist to block those
pesky spamlinks.

For this
http://arktur.de/Wiki/index.php?title=Kategorie:Whiteboard&curid=2323&diff=6189&oldid=5388
kind of spam you might need to install SpamRegex or AbuseFilter, though.

Greetings
Stip