[Mediawiki-l] Issue with recent Php5 update

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at verizon.net
Sun May 13 16:41:20 UTC 2012


On Sun, 2012-05-13 at 16:31 +0200, Platonides wrote: 
> On 12/05/12 19:28, John W. Foster wrote:
> > For a couple of years I have used this type of link to bring content
> > into my mediawiki:
> > 
> > {{Offsite Disclaimer}}
> > {{wikipedia::Inductive reasoning}}
> > 
> > And it has always worked well.
> > 
> > I recently upgraded my Debian Linux Php to:
> > PHP Version 5.3.3-7+squeeze9
> > 
> > Since then This link does not work, nor do any of the others that are
> > formatted to this style.
> 
> Does your php error log show anything? (eg. you're trying to load an
> extension not compatible with PHP 5.3.3).
> 
> Another option would be a configuration change in the new php.ini, such
> as disabling allow_url_fopen (but again, it shouldn't be needed if you
> have curl extension enabled, that's php5-curl package).

I actually did the Php5 updates when I was installing the php-curl
module. I did find some file missmatch errors so I decided to go ahead &
upgrade to mediawiki-1.19.0 to make sure all my dependencies were in
sync. That fixed the problem. Also; at least so far...no screen
artifacts, & the {{wikipedia::linktopage}} is now working fine. I'll
leave it be for a while. LOL!! 
Thanks!
frosty




More information about the MediaWiki-l mailing list