[Mediawiki-l] site mirror and master-slave question

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat May 12 16:23:03 UTC 2012

On 12 May 2012 17:04, chris <chris at teslagovernment.com> wrote:

> We have 2 Wiki's, each in their own network. The first wiki is available to
> our users now.  The second one is a clone of the first which was made a
> couple of months ago and hasn't been touched since. What I'd like to do is
> have the clone be the slave and the first one be the master. I'm thinking
> that the database would not contain the extensions, skins, possibly photos,
> templates ?  So I would have to push those over.  The clone or slave would
> only be for reading and not writing.
> Can anyone give any guidance ?

I did a horrible deliberately-broken version of this. Wiki A was live,
wiki B was read-only. Every night, a cron job would export wiki A to
XML, and half an hour later another cron job would import said XML to
wiki B. I didn't copy images over, but I expect just rsyncing the
images/ folder would have worked. (If it doesn't, let me know.)

- d.