[Mediawiki-l] Screen Artifacts question

John W. Foster jfoster81747 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 02:15:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 23:23 +0200, Platonides wrote:
> On 07/05/12 18:15, John W. Foster wrote:
> >> I assume you're using the scary transclusion?
> > Yep!
> >> Can you provide a link to such page?
> >
> > www.physicswiki.net
>
> You know that you can directly use freedns for the dynamic ip, removing
> the need of dyndns and the frame, right?
Yes, I'm aware of it. Just haven't taken the time to do it. Guess I will
now. LOL

> > use search function for;
> >
> > Inductive reasoning
>
> The page is incomplete. If you look at the html source, you'll see the
> page content ends at:
>
> This causes a mismatch which the skin, which is then placed incorrectly.
>
> > Pardon the slowness of the link, please.
> > Thanks for the quick response.
>
> The slow connection is probably responsible that many of your requests
> get truncated. However, MediaWiki should have been smarter and detect that.
>
> I have added such detection at https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/6874
> Adding that patch into your wiki should fix it (it will show an increase
> of fetching errors, but it's preferable than accepting and caching bogus
> data).
WOW that went completely over my head. At least over my skill set. I
have no idea how to patch the Mediawiki. Can you point me to some
instructions? If it's just adding a file, no prob. But I'm guessing this
is actually patching the Mediawiki core. Is this in the new 1.19
releases? I'm running 1.18 & perhaps an upgrade will manage the issue???

Will Do!!
Thanks