[Mediawiki-l] Getting sourceforge's mediawiki to run locally

Felix Natter fnatter at gmx.net
Sat Mar 17 19:09:53 UTC 2012

hello,

I downloaded a project wiki from sourceforge (mediawiki 1.14.1),
configured apache with php 5.3.10 in /home/felix/public_html as
localhost/~felix and copied the wiki/ directory to
/home/felix/public_html.

I configured php with display_errors=On, and I have seen php errors in
the browser window until I did a "chmod -R 777 wiki/". Once that is
fixed, I simply get an empty page when requesting index.php.

I don't see any relevant errors in the apache2 error log
(and couldn't find any php log).

The affected wiki is here:
http://freeplane.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
(yes, the color is terrible, that's why I'm working on it ;-)

How can I debug this?

Thanks in advance!
--
Felix Natter