[Mediawiki-l] Fwd: Dealing with corrupt pages

Sakshale eQuorian sakshale at equoria.com
Fri Mar 9 00:29:37 UTC 2012

> Install the Nuke extension and go to town.
I will check it out - Thanks for the pointer.

> If you had a backup of your database, you could just restore it.
The corruption was discovered months after it happened, with multiple
backups in between.

> The titles seem to have invalid UTF-8 sequences in them. I'm not sure
> how it's possible to create such titles, in any version of MediaWiki.

This happened a couple of upgrades back, while the site wasn't being
used.  I have no
idea what version was running at the time.

> cleanupTitles.php will rename all the pages to valid titles. You
> can then use deleteBatch.php to delete them.

I now know what is on my schedule for this weekend. :)

Thanks to both of you.