[Mediawiki-l] Re : Re : Re : howto include different page.css into one MediaWiki:CentralCSS.css page for organizing css cascade sheets?

HiddenId courriel_achevrier at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 8 15:10:17 UTC 2012

Hi Krinkle again.

I've made some test, using @import rules inside MediaWiki:Common.css page, but, using a persofile.css placed in a directory I've created inside the mediawiki engine directory. I've called persofile.css inside MediaWiki:Common.css page using the complete url adress of this file (see bellow). In that way, it works fine. But is it a good practice ? What about direct relative url address that might be preferred instead of complete url address ?

Ac

Method with complete additional personal CSS directory and complete css file url:

1/ creation of a directory called "PersoFilesCSS" inside the directory where mediawiki is installed
2/ inside /PersoFilesCSS folder, creation of a css file called colors.css
3/ Put inside this colors.css file this line, modifying #p-personal css component of monobook skin: div#p-personal {background:yellow;}
4/ Inside MediaWiki:Common.css page, I've placed this @import rule:
    @import "http://localhost/private/mdw/PersoFilesCSS/colors.css"
5/ Then refresh browser, and it works