[Mediawiki-l] Hidden skin preference, but still skins are being changed

Pierre Labrecque pierre.labrecque at live.ca
Tue Mar 6 23:36:57 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have never modify the database for that.. .cannot help on that side...

But, here is a copy of the skins section of my LocalSettings.php:

## Default skin: you can change the default skin. Use the internal symbolic
## names, ie 'standard', 'nostalgia', 'cologneblue', 'monobook':
$wgDefaultSkin = 'vector';
# To remove various skins from the User Preferences choices
$wgSkipSkins = array("chick", "cologneblue", "myskin", "nostalgia", "simple", "standard", "modern", "monobook");
$wgAllowUserSkin = false;

It sets the default skin to Vector for everyone.
It puts on a blacklist the other ones I have on the site.
And (anyway), it disallow the users to be able to change the skin in the Preferences.

But I just discovered that $wgAllowUserSkin is depreciated and replaced by $wgHiddenPrefs
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowUserSkin
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgHiddenPrefs

so:
$wgAllowUserSkin = false;
replaced by (?) :
$wgHiddenPrefs[] = 'chick', 'cologneblue', 'myskin', 'nostalgia', 'simple', 'standard', 'modern', 'monobook';

See also:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgHiddenPrefs

Hope this help ;-)

Ciao !