[Mediawiki-l] Wiki on LAN running slow

Charlie Markwick Charlie-Markwick at southcot.com
Tue Apr 24 13:52:41 UTC 2012

I'm puzzling over why our internal wiki is running so slow. I started a
couple of weeks ago typically a page that would have taken a few seconds
to load now can take up to 40 seconds.

I'm at a loss to identify anything on the LAN that might have affected
it.

The wiki is running on a windows 2003 server running IIS and PHP. I have
upgraded the wiki to 1.18.2 no difference. I have tried separate
connections to the MySQL database it uses on our MySQL box and they run
with no lag. I have moved the install to a local Linux box and also
tried a fresh install connecting back to the MySQL Database. Nothing
makes any difference. Can anyone suggest how I trouble shoot this?

Charlie