[Mediawiki-l] Do you use MediaWiki as a conference website?

Sumana Harihareswara sumanah at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 5 12:17:43 UTC 2012

If you administer a MediaWiki installation and use it as a conference
website when you host conferences and conventions, you might be
interested in this suggested summer project:

> I seek to work on building a Convention extension as part of the Google
> Summer of Code project.I have set up a proposal for the same , here is the
> link http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Chughakshay16/GSOCProposal(2012) .
> I haven't found a mentor to work with me for this project yet, so if anyone
> feels the need for this extension just the way I do, please feel free to
> add the feedback to the proposal page, or reply here.
> More information regarding this extension can be found here :-
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Chughakshay16/ConventionExtension
> Thanks ,
> Akshay Chugh
> (irc - chughakshay16)

No skilled MediaWiki administrators or developers have shown interest in
mentoring this project, so right now it's unlikely to progress.  If you
think you could mentor him this summer, please reply to me and cc him at
chughakshay16 at gmail.com .  Mentoring takes about five hours a week
(communication, code review, design help, and so on).

(He is applying to participate in Wikimedia Foundation's Google Summer
of Code program -- details at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2012/management#GSoC_management_philosophy
and https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Summer_of_Code_2012 .)

--