[Mediawiki-l] Extension:GlobalUsage Installation question

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 20:45:36 UTC 2012

On 30/03/12 15:49, John W. Foster wrote:
> Can anyone tell me exactly what I'm supposed to do with line 2. of this
> set of instructions:
>
> Installation
>
> 1. Download the extension and unpack it in the extensions directory.
>
> 2. Source GlobalUsage.sql: php maintenance/sql.php
> extensions/GlobalUsage/GlobalUsage.sql
>
> Note: do this from the wiki installation where you want the GlobalUsage
> data to be located. Typically this is your shared image repository.
> Running update.php on that wiki will also create the table.

Where are your doubts?
There's a script in maintenance/sql.php. You run it using php with the
command line, thus  php maintenance/sql.php
It gets the file with sql statements as a parameter. If you're at the
wiki root, the script is at maintenance subfolder and the extension at
extensions/GlobalUsage. Thus you run: