[Mediawiki-l] Blank page when login password wrong

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 02:14:11 UTC 2011

Jeff Campbell wrote:
> I'll take a look at the logs on Monday. The difference is if you type
> something in the password box that is wrong you get a blank page but if
> you fail to type anything in the box you get the page I mentioned below.
>
> Jeff

A url like
http://www.xxx.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&action=submitlogin&type=login
is the kind of page you would get for a login (in this case probably
with a text like 'bad password'). I assume that you anonymized the url
and the server din't redirect you to www.xxx.org :)

The blank page when entering the right password. That is a php error.
Some step done after you get in, is failing. See in your error log where
isd it failing. Did you try to enable any extension?
It seems strange that a stock install would fail from the beginning.
Perhaps your php in Solaris miss some common module which MediaWiki was
assuming would be there. What php version are you using?