[Mediawiki-l] Maximum page size

Platonides Platonides at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 22:37:01 UTC 2011

Hiram Clawson wrote:
> Good Morning MediaWiki Fans:
>
> Has anyone ever noticed if there is a practical limit to the maximum
> size for a single page ?  I have wiki patrons who prefer to construct
> very large single pages (over 100 Kb) and are now complaining that since a
> recent update from 1.13 to 1.16 has broken their ability to edit these
> large pages.  I would imagine the WEB browser FireFox etc... will have
> some kind of limit themselves.  Anyone else notice limits on page size ?
>
> --Hiram

MediaWiki has a maximum article size, set by default to 2Mb
($wgMaxArticleSize), although there's no technical reason to not have it
set to an higher value. I don't see how a 100Kb page would give problems
with any modern browser.
Perhaps you could point us to such problematic page, or otherwise
describe how is it broken?