[Mediawiki-l] exclude template from category list

nakohdo Frank.Ralf at gmx.net
Fri Jul 8 09:16:14 UTC 2011

Scheid, Bernhard wrote:

> An <includeonly>[[Category:Make my day]]</includeonly> in your template is
> not working for
> you?
>
> Actually not, because I use nested templates. Actually I would  need
> something like
> $wgNamespacesToBeCategorized (does not exist)
> in LocalSettings.php or something similar as an extension.

I'm also struggling with nested templates and especially nesting
<includeonly> tags. I want to create templates using another template like
so:

  {{Template1 | Parameter }}

As Template1 also creates a category where the newly created template
shouldn't be part of this template call has to be surrounded by
<includeonly> tags:

  <includeonly>{{Template1 | Parameter }}</includeonly>

I haven't found a way yet to include those  <includeonly> tags in Template1
itself.
I found the following resources which illustrate the problem and give some
hints but no final solution AFAIS.

* http://www.mwusers.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-5540.html
* http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Template

Any hints appreciated!