[Mediawiki-l] Help with sitemap

Bruce Whealton bwhealton at futurewavedesigns.com
Mon Jul 4 20:56:21 UTC 2011

Hello all,
         I have not been able to get the google sitemap and the google
analytics to work for me.  So, I have a MediaWiki site here:
http://whealton.info/w/
which redirects to http://whealton.info/wiki/Main_page.
So, I wasn't sure if I should setup a Google profile for whealton.info,
whealton.info/w/
or whealton.info.wiki/
Webmaster Central at Google says that I can verify my site by uploading a
page to
http://whealton.info/wiki/Googleanadlongstring.html
I had to create the directory wiki which I did and I uploaded the file to
that directory.  The only possible problem was that the wiki software
converted the link by capitalizing the G in google. No, wait, it says that
it has the wrong content.
I tried to go into the shell account and make sure there was nothing in the
file but that didn't work.  It still wouldn't verify.
Now, it is not accepting the sitemap either.  I think the reason for that is
that the sitemap is using a url that has whealton.info/wiki/ in the path and
yet the sitemap is at: http://whealton.info/w/sitemap.xml
Of course, when I manually copied the sitemap to
http://whealton.info/wiki/sitemap.xml it didn't like that either.
I'm using the extensions from the MediaWiki site.
Can anyone help with this?
Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Whealton, Owner Future Wave Designs
FOAF: http://whealton.info/BruceWhealtonJr/foaf.rdf
Vcard: http://whealton.info/BruceWhealtonJr/brucewhealtonvcard.html
Web Design and Development http://FutureWaveDesigns.com
http://futurewavedesigns.com/wordpress/